In order to cultivate and promote the culture of Entrepreneurship among youth and to inspire them to be Entrepreneurs, Iqra University celebrated Global Entrepreneurship Week in collaboration with Global Entrepreneurship Network from November 14, 2016 till November 20, 2016.
Various training and guest speaking sessions were arranged in order to provide hands on experience to students regarding how an entrepreneur think? How to identify opportunities and address the most feasible one? How to be different? What traits one must have in order to think and act like an entrepreneur? How to develop a business plan? How to generate capital to startup one’s own business? What’s the need of social entrepreneurship and how do execute it? Moreover, business plan competitions were organized among which position holders were provided recognition on the basis of the uniqueness and feasibility of their proposed business plan.
A total of 8 sessions were organized which are as follows:
1. Entrepreneurship Master Class – Facilitated by Injaz Pakistan
2. Work, Women & a Will to Lead – Facilitated by Dr. Aneela Darbar
3. From a Thought to a Leading Steel Industry – Facilitated by Mr. Hussain Agha
4. Become a Doer, not a Dreamer – Facilitated by Mr. Waqas
5. Decoding the Game: Passion, Purpose and Profit – Facilitated by Mr. Sohail Zindani
6. Innovation Camp – Facilitated by Injaz Pakistan
7. How to do Business without being a Businessman – Facilitated by Hasan Daudpota
8. Changing the World through Social Entrepreneurship – Facilitated by Dr. Amjad Saqib*
Students actively participated in the entire Entrepreneurship week. The total number of participation was 1104 belonging from students all over Karachi.